Navigating to an available parking space can be a very stressful experience for anyone arriving to a modern airport facility, selecting between in-terminal garages, long-term parking lots and passenger pick up/drop off zone.
Elevating the parking experience for passengers and staff
With patients frequently arriving in a hurry and already stressed about getting to their boarding gates on time, removing the parking stress and anxiety from the arrival process would not only go a long way towards keeping your passengers and visitors happy, but can also help prevent your flights delays due to passengers running late for their flights, leading to expensive delays, baggage unload, etc.
Nwave full-matrix full-color bright LED displays provide intuitive navigation to available spaces for each user group, including ADA, EV, VIP/reserved space drivers. Large full-matrix screens allow using over-size fonts and graphics to improve user experience for passengers navigating to their parking spaces in a stressful situation.
Airport staff is your most valuable resource in serving the customer. The faster your highly-trained and well-paid staff find their parking spaces, the more time they will be spending doing what they really come for to work every day – check-in passengers, do the security scans and flying the passengers to their ultimate destinations.
Nwave Wireless PGS (WPGS) – a perfect fit for a typical airport facility
With a mix of different types of parking assets (outdoor lots, garages, covered parking), special categories of spaces to manage (passengers, VIP spaces, staff, contractors), Nwave’s Wireless Parging Guidance Solution is a great fit for a typical airport facility.
Nwave Wireless PGS system helps to take the driver experience to a new level of convenience, while increasing utilization of the available parking assets – and doing it at a fraction of the cost of traditional wired and camera-based PGS systems. Via a reach set of open APIs, it can also seamlessly integrate and complement your other existing parking hardware and software systems (PARCS, LPR, etc.)
In addition to saving time to park, Nwave’s Secure Park ID technology can enable advanced parking solutions for you staff and passengers, such as reservations and payments solutions, Find My Car functionality, while also providing access control capabilities and driver-specific analytics for the operator.
Nwave WPGS can be particularly helpful in addressing a number of situations specific to many modern airport facilities:
- Older facilities with low vertical clearance, making installation of traditional wired overhead and camera-based solutions not feasible.
- Replacing aging existing PGS solutions – retrofitting existing facilities for a new wired/traditional system is expensive.
- Tailgating into gated paid parking lots – operators lack insights on the size of the problem to justify prevention and remediations steps.
- Untapped potential for additional revenue generation from differentiated pricing for high-value spaces (reserved, VIP, etc.).
- With days and weeks passing between passengers leaving and returning, finding a parked vehicle is a major challenge for the arriving passengers.
- Low accuracy of existing systems in keeping track of premium-space availability (e.g. covered parking vs. open parking), leading to customers’ frustrations and lost revenue.
- Lack of a comprehensive view of long-term/economy vs. in-terminal/short-term parking availability, contributing to under-utilization of the long-term and excessive demand for the short-term parking facilities.